Watch Kids Around Water
- Watch kids around water at all times.
- Never leave small children alone near water inside or outside the house. This includes pools, lakes, bathtubs, or even toilets.
- Never leave a baby alone in a bath for any reason. Get what you need before you start, and take the baby with you if you leave.
- Warn babysitters or caregivers that young children need constant supervision near water.
- Make sure toddlers can’t slip out of the house and get to pools or hot tubs.
- Secure swimming pools with fences and self-closing and latching gates.
- Don’t leave toys in or near water where they may attract a small child.
- Don’t assume young children will use good judgment around water.
- Be ready for emergencies! Learn CPR and keep emergency phone numbers handy.
- Find out if your child’s friends or neighbors have pools and know these safety tips.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services